Responsibility at Arctic Rally Finland is the prerequisite of the event and we want to be a responsible event producer in the future. Below you can read about how responsibility is reflected in different forms at Arctic Rally Finland.
- Arctic Rally Finland is committed to the “Action for Environment” programme of the International Automobile Federation FIA, and the event is seeking the second highest level of the three-level FIA Environmental Accreditation system (also the Finnish ASN, AKK-Motorsport, has also achieved the highest level).
- The event partners are committed to working together in developing an even more responsible WRC event (including e.g. spectator transport arrangements, biofuels, recycling, waste management, reducing energy and water consumption, materials, decorations/stickers).
- In addition to the Arctic Rally Finland organisation, the special stage staff, volunteers, media representatives, event guests and other stakeholders are encouraged to commit to building an even more environmentally responsible event.
Safety and social responsibility
- The Arctic Rally Finland organisation works all year round to ensure public safety, and this entails continuous cooperation with the authorities – e.g. the Police, the Emergency Services Academy Finland (i.e. “Pelastusopisto”) and the Finnish Safety and Chemicals Agency TUKES.
- The governing body for world motorsport, the FIA, sets a framework of rules for the safety matters and instructs the organiser on the various safety arrangements to be put in place in all WRC events. During the competition, the FIA monitors the implementation of the spectator safety factors.
- For an equal and accessible customer experience, the Arctic Rally Finland organiser AKK collaborates with for example the Finnish Aspa Foundation.
- The cooperation between AKK and Omnia, the Joint Authority of Education in Espoo Region, will produce motorsport professionals and sustainable development experts through Omnia’s training programmes.